>> Request a Management Proposal
Thank you for your interest in S & S Southwestern Management.
Real Estate as an investment has traditionally been the greatest means of wealth building since even before the days of the Rockefellers and the Vanderbilt’s. We understand that what the difference between a good investment and a great one is often times the company you choose to help you manage your properties.
At S&S Southwestern Management, we know how important it is to employ the right team of professionals to manage your properties. The right team of professionals will help you to maximize the return on your investment and protect the value of your asset through the professional services they provide.
With over 25 years worth of experience, our philosophy is to provide the attention to detail, market expertise, and the individual attention and professionalism necessary to enhance the value of your investment. We are extremely proud of the fact that the majority of our business is generated through referrals from our satisfied customers. S&S Southwestern Management, is the right team for your success!
• To provide professional worry-free management services for the real estate investor.
• To find only the best qualified tenants for your property.
• To enhance the fair market value of your property.
• To maximize the rental income generated by the property.
Outline of Services
The S & S Southwestern Management Team uses many different media venues of advertising to rent/lease and sell your property. Our “Media/Marketing” package includes advertising on the top rental websites and our own company website. There is a minimal monthly charge for these services.
Through our tenant screening regimen, we make every effort to help insure that your tenant will not only pay rent on time, but also take good care of your investment. Our tenant screening process includes obtaining a full credit risk report, criminal background report and a resident history report through the tenant’s previous landlord which verify on time rent payments, as well as the condition of the home at move out.
While it’s important for us to keep your property occupied, our experience shows that it is more important to be selective about your tenant. In the long run you will benefit because your tenant will probably stay longer and take better care of the home.
Owners will also have the ability to communicate any questions via your secured site to our accounting department regarding your monthly financial statements and receive a response within 24 hours during the work week. Please do not call our property managers with the accounting questions as they do not have the accounting financials at their disposal.
The rental(s) disbursement checks will be electronically transferred to the owner’s bank account. This will expedite the rent money to the owners versus snail mail that can take up to 10 days to get to the east coast. We also have DIRECT DEPOSIT available for a small fee.
MOVE IN & MOVE OUT INSPECTIONS
Upon occupancy, a move in inspection is made by the Property Manager and new tenant. Minor repairable items are noted and scheduled for completion. Some discrepancies such as worn carpets or other defects are noted so the occupant will not be held responsible when vacating the property.
When the tenant moves out another inspection is completed by the Property Manager. Any repairs deemed to be the tenant’s responsibility are completed and deducted from the security deposit. The property is then cleaned and advertised for rent.
PROPERTY INSPECTIONS AND REPAIRS
Periodic drive-by inspections may be conducted (at the discretion of management) to insure the property is being maintained in a satisfactory condition. Should there be any discrepancies, a letter is sent to the occupant and an interior inspection is completed within 72 hours. Repairs are coordinated and followed up in a timely manner. We have negotiated substantial volume discounts and pass the savings on to you. For the property turn arounds and repairs we use independent licensed contractors.
Rental surveys are done on a continuing basis to insure that our owners are always receiving optimum rent for their properties. We maintain a comprehensive data base of area rentals for up-to-date analysis of market rental rates.
Rents are due on the first of the month and delinquent after the first. We make every reasonable attempt to cooperate with a good occupant, to insure rental payment. Should an occupant become delinquent, our procedure is set by law to complete the eviction process. The advantage of using a professional property manager is that we can expedite the process and do it for far less cost.
Our monthly management fee is $89/month. A one time set up fee of $179.00 is due upon signing of a new managment agreement. When a new tenant is procured for the property a “leasing fee” of 6% of an annual lease is due. Other charges which may be applicable under special circumstances will be set forth in the management agreement. We do not have any hidden fees. Our management agreement does not contain any mandatory provisions requiring you to use our services or pay commissions when it comes time to sell the property.
SELLING YOUR PROPERTY
You should know that we successfully market millions of dollars worth of real estate each year. We serve the entire Maricopa and Pinal Counties.
When it comes time to sell you may choose any Realtor you wish. If you have an agent that referred you to us for rental management, we will cooperate fully with him or her to facilitate a sale.
Should you desire any further information regarding our services please feel free to call our office at 623-882-0936.
You deserve competent property management with a commitment to protecting and enhancing the value of your asset.
1. A lease is a contract for a given period of time. It is NOT a month-to-month agreement.
2. The tenants are guaranteeing that they will pay rent for the duration of your lease. Please note the dates on the lease.
1. Rent is due by the 1st of the month and there is no grace period.
2. Late charge - If rent is not received by the 1st of the month there is a $25.00 per day late fee that will be charged.
3. Checks- We do not accept Personal Checks.
4. Partial rent - We do not accept partial rents. Rent must be paid in full including all additional charges.
5. If rent is not received within five (5) days after the due date, the tenant will be served with a notice which gives them 5 days in which to pay in full. If they do not comply with the notice, we will turn the account over to our Attorney for court action to obtain possession and a judgment for the money owed. As per their lease agreement, they are liable for the attorney fees and court costs.
6. Collection - Any balance left unpaid will be turned over to our collection agency and will be filed with Credit Bureau Services reflecting on the tenant’s credit rating.
Water: Call the city;
Electric and Gas: APS (800) 253-9405, SRP (602) 236-8888.
Tenant must have all services put into their name by move-in date. IT IS RECOMMENDED THAT THERMOSTATS BE KEPT AT 80 DEGREES TO COOL AND 68 DEGREES TO HEAT.
LANDSCAPING-TREE, SHRUBS, LAWNS
Water and maintenance shall be the tenant’s responsibility. Any replacement necessary because of tenant’s negligence will be charged to the tenant.
1. Owners will not pay for any unauthorized tenant repairs. Tenant maintenance repair request can be filled out and emailed via our web page (www.southwesternproperties.net) or be called into The S & S Southwestern Management “Property Management” at 623-882-0936.
2. Any repairs that are caused by tenant will be charged to tenant. (i.e. a child puts a toy down the toilet and plugs it up.)
3. Tenant is responsible for changing refrigeration and heating filters. They should be changed once a month. If they are not changed this damages the unit by allowing dirt to collect on the condenser coils. The tenant will be charged for cleaning the coils and any resultant repair.
4. Extermination - we do not spray for bugs. Arizona has an extremely healthy bug population including crickets, roaches, scorpions and black widows which thrive in our climate and can only be controlled by monthly spraying. It is the tenant’s responsibility to spray for bugs.
MONTH TO MONTH TENANCY
Tenant is not allowed to pay on a per day basis. Rent will only be accepted for a month. Perorations may be made for partial month occupancy.
If all keys are not returned, this will force us to re-key the house and the tenant will be charged.
If you take down a sign, please leave it in a visible location so we can pick it up.
A walk-thru inspection report will be provided to you upon move in. If while moving in, you notice any defects at the property we must be notified by filling out the report. It is your responsibility to notify management in writing of any defects as we will hold you responsible for any damage that is not listed on the walk-thru report.
S & S Southwestern Management Div TCT Real Estate
607 E Western Avenue
Avondale , AZ 85323